Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Making Your Photos into Standouts!!

Well,,, here's to opening a can of worms!!
I am aware that some photographers are way more purist than I... feeling that photos should LOOK, darn it, like what you saw when you took the shot!
Actually, I think that is fine if you are a photojournalist, and reporting through photos...Otherwise, to me, messing with photos is fun, becomes inspiring, and artsy!
Using photoshop to get the artistic effect I want...is like working in the dark room to develop film negatives into pictures the way you want them to turn out. It's just that most folks had no experience with the film development process, and didn't know how much 'monkeying around" was being done then...
Photoshop for me is an artistic tool. It helps me move my photos to another level, hopefully a better one..and more of an art than just a technical skill sharpening and adding contrast.
For those that explore there, Photoshop is another idea of expertise for photographers to learn...and experience!
Seeing creatively is, of course, another aspect of the artistic side of photography. Even the purists would probably agree that this is a necessary and way important ability. Some have it, some develop it, but it's needed!!
All in the name of fun with photography, I'm on board with anyone who wants to make there photos stand out!!
Here is an article I read today. It's about "How to Make Photos Stand Out From the Crowd".
The ways suggested don't involve Photoshop at all, but techniques to use while shooting...
I figure all ends of the photographic process to shooting to printing, could benefit from efforts to make our Photos STANDOUTS!! Oh...and what's a standout? Well, to me, it's a photograph that makes you stop, look and think about it more than 10 seconds, compared to the rest!!! :))
Does this one do it for ya?


Click here for a look at the article and some outstanding photos!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!! Keep Shooting!!