Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Exciting News News News


OKAY, so here's all of my happy news!
First of all, on a lark,  I entered the Scripps Miami University Gerontology Photo Contest. Of the 56 photos entered, my photo I recently reprocessed but took some time ago, won third place! I'm thrilled! You can go see it here
http://clarkephotos.smugmug.com/Other/LATEST/11055088_7s3mE#1175950729_JdLyL-XL-LB, but it will be hanging around Cincinnati,and in Oxford, for a while:
This is the schedule, in case you are any of these places then:
a.    March  17 - 20, 2011 

Hilton Cincinnati Netherland Plaza  Cincinnati, Ohio

"Living the Old Age We Imagine: Higher Education in an Aging Society"

The 37th Association for Gerontology in Higher Education Annual Meeting 
and Educational Leadership Conference

b.    March 17, 2011 – March 1, 2012
Scripps Gerontology Center Website – http://www.scrippsaging.org
c.     March 21 – March 31, 2011
        King Library Miami University
d.    April 1 – April 27, 2011
The Knolls of Oxford

THE SECOND ITEM OF NEWS!!!
I am in a photo show at Arnold's Bar and Grill,
210 E. Eighth Street, Cincinnati, OH, www.arnoldsbarandgrill.com , with several other photographers in  Club Blatz Photo Group.
They have a monthly show, different members show each month. 
My turn with about 5 others (I think) is on Saturday night 6-9pm April 9th!!
PLEASE CONSIDER THIS YOUR INVITATION!!!!!! HOPE YOU CAN ATTEND!
There is a parking lot across from Arnold's on Eighth St, just past Arnold's. Lots of cars will be parking there.
The photo show is upstairs. There is a bar and restaurant downstairs, so you may want to come to eat first.
THERE'S ONE OTHER THING....
I have asked  musician, songwriter, composer, George Anderson, (for TV, film, documentaries, etc.) to come play guitar a bit during the 
show. He's very good! And doing it for me while in Cincinnati. He's from New York
P.S. I realize some of you are out of town and won't be able to attend, but..... I just wanted you to know my news:)

THIRD NEWS ITEM:
 I have begun a Photography Blog... It will tell of my photog doings, and provide info for other photogs sometimes.
                  LAST NEWS ITEM: (whew)
I have been asked to be the House Scribe ( photographing events for their blog) and Assistant Organizer for a relatively new MeetUp Group called SMUG- Cincinnati Area SmugMug users. Some may recognize SmugMug as the host organization for my photo website. It's all about photography, meeting others with like interests, learning and having fun.
Here's addy for that group.. Join us if you'd like! You don't have to have a Smugmug site to be a member...

OKAY..I think that's it for now!!
Thanks for reading all of this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to comment!! Keep Shooting!!