Sunday, August 12, 2012

Still Life Photography...Trying something new..

AND......I hope I get better at it....
So far the following photos are the results from a recent try of mine at taking photos in the same vein as the Dutch Masters from the 1600-1700's. This was quite a challenge...involving arrangement (better known as composition), lighting, etc. to get things "juuuuuuust right". Turns out, this takes lots of....
PATIENCE!!!
Anyhow.....on to seeing the results!



And then, some I shot were not exactly in the manner of the masters...of course!




Okay...that's it for now...I'll probably be playing with Still Lifes more....
Don't forget to check out my website for the Latest Greatest! http://nancysphotos.smugmug.com

2 comments:

  1. Hey, these are great. Really like the raspberries. They look like blackberries though. That's a cool bowl. Love to borrow it sometime. I did some still lifes too. Check out my blog.

    http://naturetrekphotosafaris.blogspot.com/2012/08/old-dutch-masters-shoot.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to comment!! Keep Shooting!!